8:30 am Arise Worship Service – Traditional
Rosemount UMC has partnered with the AmazonSmile program. Just visit our link: Rosemount UMC at AmazonSmile. Shop like you normally would, and a portion of your purchase will come back to the church. There are numerous other charity organizations you can choose from, too! Consider visiting our link: Rosemount UMC at AmazonSmile the next time you shop!
Our building is again showing its age and has needs to Replace & Repair that exceed our annual operational budget. The Trustees have prioritized our “home improvement projects” as follows:
- Replace Our Roof. We are literally using buckets to control the leaks. We need to tear off and repair the flat roofs in the Education and Adult Wings. We also need to replace the skylights in those roofs. The bids we sought for the project are coming in at $160,000 plus a 10% tithe .
- Repair Our Parking Lots. The cracks and potholes are becoming safety hazards. We need to repair and sealcoat both the main (north) and back (south) lots. The bids for this project are coming in at $40,000 plus a 10% tithe.
- Replace Our Windows. They’re letting in cold air that’s increasing our heating costs. We need to replace the courtyard windows and the Sanctuary’s east window. Bids for this project are coming in at $35,000 plus a 10% tithe.
- Future Projects: Remodel Adult Wing Bathrooms and complete Sanctuary Lighting. We have not yet sought bids on these projects, and we’ll update the congregation next year.
Recognizing the urgency to take care of our church home, the Church Council has approved raising money through special offerings and tackling each project one-at-a-time as the funds are raised.
Ready to Help? Take the $1-a-day challenge.
Did you know that if 500 people gave $1 a day for a year, we’d raise the roof… er… pay for a new one? And the sooner we raise the funds, the sooner we can move on to the other priority projects.
So starting in September, we are asking everyone to begin participating in the R&R Special Offering by committing a dollar a day—or another amount that you prayerfully, cheerfully, and generously decide to give. For electronic givers, a form will be available to update your EFT amounts. For paper givers, mark your envelopes or checks “R&R.” For those with debit cards, we’ll be trying out a new iPad kiosk in the lobby.
We’ll celebrate every achieved goal and move on to the next. Together, we can tackle these projects!!!
Have questions about the projects? Contact…
- Paul Hester, Chair of the Board of Trustees email@example.com (651) 423-3446
Have questions about church finances? Contact…
- Pat McCarthy, Chair of the Finance Team firstname.lastname@example.org (651) 683-0087
- Joe Hanna, Chair of the Church Council email@example.com (952) 913-3089
Have questions or ideas regarding stewardship and fundraising? Contact…
- Carol Lockhart, Chair of the Stewardship Team firstname.lastname@example.org (651) 454-6965
April’s One Thing: Towel Drive for Simpson Shelter. Please bring in a new and gently used towels for donation to the residents of the Simpson Shelter in Minneapolis.