Mission Statement: ~ Seek Christ, Serve Others, Celebrate!
Seek Christ. Rosemount UMC will be grounded in the good news and grace of Jesus Christ. Our ministry will center on making devoted disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We will seek to be Christ-like in our life as community, in our decision making and in our outreach.
Serve Others. Service will be at the core of our life together. We are committed to discovering our spiritual gifts and finding a place to serve within the church. We will serve the world through local, national and international mission.
Celebrate! We will celebrate God through worship that is heart-warming, joyful and life-transforming. We will celebrate our life as an intergenerational congregation through fellowship activities that unite people. People will be attracted to this community of faith because of the joy they see in our life together, in our love for one another and in our service to the world.
Vision: To enable and expect each member of our community to mature as a disciple of Jesus Christ and to reach out in love and service.
Beacon #1 – Grow in maturity as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Develop a comprehensive discipleship program for children, youth and adults.
- Explore God’s purpose by being in an accountability small group.
- Assist people to develop a life of personal meditation and prayer.
- Discover our story within the Story.
- Know the basic components of our faith.
- Grow small group opportunities.
- Identify, recruit and train small group leaders.
- Offer a Spiritual Gifts discovery class X times per year. (Offer different classes; some one-time, some longer-term gift assessments)
- Teach/hold a class on “What it Means to Be a United Methodist”
Beacon #2 – Reach out in love to the community.
- Create intentional outreach/invitational events 6 times per year, creating entrypoints i.e. concerts, speakers, etc.
- Connect new members to the life of the church.
- Be intentional in our marketing.
- Clearly communicate who we are to the congregation and to the community.
Beacon #3 – Reach out in service in our community and around the world.
- Every member will be able to identify their spiritual gifts through a gifts assessment class.
- Every person will find a place to serve within the church, according to their giftedness.
- Offer the Urban Plunge two times per year. Double participation.
- Publicize (share stories) the many service opportunities that are available (Simpson Shelter, The Family Place, The Grocery Giveaway, Clothing Ministry, Prison Ministry, Rosemount Family Resource Center etc.)
Beacon 4 : Maintain and enhance the high quality of worship experiences and diversity
- Have goals and plans for strengthening each worship service
- Explore what “blended” worship for traditional worship
- Explore the identity of all services and what they mean to people